Monday, April 16, 2007

stuff

Hellooooo, I am sooo tired. I need a weekend to recover from the weekend. I can't cope going out two nights in a row anymore, my body starts falling to pieces. I Had a good night out last thursday with people from work but felt a bit rough on friday, got the train to Brum friday evening and somehow managed to stay awake until 4.30am for another chaotic lock in at the pub. I got drunk (as I was not paying) and had a debate with one of the pubs regulars about students...I was trying to convince him that not all students are scroungers but he was having none of it. Then he told me I was too skinny so I arm wrestled him and won, HA! In yer face (He had drunk a lot more than me but still....) I wasted most of saturday sleeping (the best way to spend a saturday....and experienced the after effects from eating jamaican style jerk pork (a certain Johnny Cash song comes to mind) Managed to get some of my freelance stuff done whilst attempting to block out the monotonous drone of dj Daddy Redz(a painfully irritating dj who NEVER stops singing and talking over the choons and only wears the colour red, like some crazed beardlass and giftless santa)At one point though he did mix rick astley with Akon-anyone who does something as crazy as that is borderline genius. I only managed to stay awake till about 2am on Saturday....I decided it was time to vanish once martin had reached his Michael Jackson phase of drunkenness (I had already witnessed the chatting up of sixteen year olds phase but the minute Billie Jean was put on the jukebox I fled...too many times have I watched Martin attempt to moonwalk and grab his crotch (which was covered in beer)I was impressed at his multitasking capabilities though, serving behind the bar and moonwalking, incredible...pity he sucked at both. (Mart, you know I love you really, don't ever stop living the dream....You are so close to becoming the king of pop-you have the advantage of being skinny and white)

So I disappeared and watched The Illusionist and ate a LOT of biscuits. The film was really good...I love magically kind of thingys and I have decided that Ed Norton has the best eyes ever because they are intense and filled with wonderment and pain which is an excellent combination.

Spent the majority of yesterday morning up a ladder painting blackboards...I wouldn't have minded but the ladder was wobbly, the paint dried transparent, and the brushes lacked adequate bristleage. And today my arm ached like hell....I don't know how my Grandad used to sign write up ladders all day everyday, I did it for one day and felt completely and utterly defeated.

Got back to Wolves yesterday evening and went to The Purple Turtle with Ellie snd Ben to see Ben's friend's band (our own devices), I always feel like I'm in a bomb shelter when I go in that venue. The band were loud (which usually wouldn't bother me but I was on tap water so my senses unusually acute, but thought they were good minus a bit of shouting, plus my feet still hurt from being up the ladder.

I'm going to have a loooong bath, cook something very boring and average then watch the Peep Show episode I missed last friday, good plan....byeeeeeee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home