Saturday, March 24, 2007

BULLS HIT....so contemporary

Ay Up Chucks......

Before I forget-Ell and Ben, good house warming last week, the fist st. paddy's day for a while that I have not had at least one pint of Guinness. Oh and I think I ate most of your food but I didn't spill anything on your carpets...

The weekend is here again...hoorah! Just got back from the Chiltern Sculpture Trail...not normally the sort of thing I go to on a saturday but now I feel I have embraced a bit of culture, stretched my legs, and frozen my bits off it is bloody freezing today. To give you an idea of how 'contemporary' this sculpture trail is, one of the pieces was called 'posts modern' (see the cleverness of adding an s, oooo artists are sooo clever) and the sculpture consisted of a bunch of white posts stuck in the ground in the middle of the forest. Me and Ellie were shocked to find a piece by a fellow Ex fine art student who we did our degree with. The piece was literally coins attached to wire hanging from a tree......yep, hmmmmm. Evidently my 'out of the box thinking' has expired since my uni days. Now contemporary art just irritates me-I should have taken that module in 'bullshitting your way into a gallery' Would have been much more useful than the ability to draw or paint it seems. I'm pretty open minded but I can't be doing with the total lack of skill and effort, it is insulting...but as long as there is a big long complex explanation it can be considered art. There were a few kind of skilled pieces, a tree sculpted out of metal, and some kind of half finished wicca pot things....Perhaps it was the coldness that prevented more enthusiasm...that and Ben's constant complaining because he was worried about missing the football....Ben it's only footie, Agghhhh the blasphemy!. I have been inspired to create my own sculpture though...it is as my post title indicates 'BULLS HIT' and shall be a large mountain of steaming poo exploring the notion that faeces though a beautiful and natural product, can possess the strength and danger of a bull if created the morning after eating Ed's Chilli Sauce.

Anyway, going to be brief as I have to go do some Alice in Wonderland researching.... got some more freelance work from Yuki which is cool...I've missed Alice! Right off down my rabbit hole or I shall be late, late for a very important date, a very important date with myself, this is becoming a recurring theme in my life.

Ell, hope George manages to fix your internet...BT the bastards.

byeeeeeeeeee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home