Monday, August 28, 2006

Too much food+castle tour+singstar+arm wrestle=fatigue this morning

I think I am the first female ever to fall pregnant with Tapas. George's parents visited yesterday and fed us mountainous amounts of food (I'm sure they think I don't cook), but hey I'm not complaining, I'd rather eat out than have to cook for myself anyway. Whenever George's parents visit they are eager to something educational (this attitude to life didn't wear off on George AT ALL). And so we did the 'UNLOCKED' Oxford Castle tour.

We didn't think this through.....at present, George's poor dad has one arm in a sling due to a chipped bone in his radial, and one side of his face is falling off
(apparently a good thing, it demonstrates the healing process, oh and these are the injuries he received whilst on his bike ride with george last week) So, he was getting some funny looks-I think members of the public thought he was a wax prisoner and part of the tour. To add insult to injury he also suffers from vertigo, so as you can imagine, a one armed vertigo sufferer climbing 100 or so claustraphobic, winding steps up to the top of the castle tower was perhaps a DUMB IDEA! To make things even more ridiculous, we were given little video devices with headphones so that you could wander round and get a whole load of ranting in your ear at your own pace. This was both irritating and disappointing-the characters in each of these clips were played by the same actor, he just swapped wigs or hats so I couldn't focus on any of the information he was rambling on about, I was far too busy prodding george, pointing at this guys stupid ginger wig and chuckling to myself, it was like being on a school trip. I also tried to pick up the food items from one of the cell tables but to my dismay they had been glued down and varnished to prevent imature people like me from stealing props.

Anyway, after doing that and walking around an old castle aimlessly it seemed, we could justify going to Krispy Kreme. We ate many a doughnut and I felt fat, very very fat. I was horrified to discover that they had run out of Apple and Cinnamon doughnuts-the cheek! Were these people not aware that that is the very flavour I desired? So blueberry and chocolate happened instead.

Then we had the excuse to eat more cake because it's George's dad's birthday on Tuesday......this afternoon I have eaten more than I usually manage to consume in an entire week, I was very worried that I may give birth to a maglemated mound of smoked salmon, creamcheese, chorizo and doughnut. Luckily it didn't reveal it's ugly mutated head until this morning....nice.

George's parents left and so me and george invited ourselves round to Ellie and Ben's- sorry if we imposed, no actually I'm not sorry because ben made my day by enlightening me to the Kersal Massive, how I crave for a Burberry Loo now-incredibly hilarious stuff, have a look:

The Kersal Massive-mr Null vs Six50 remix

Last night was funny, it involved guys armwrestling followed by guys kissing other guys butts and singing in far too high an octave for it to be natural. Cannot wait for another Singstar battle of the sexes, the girls whooped the guys asses. By the way, Ben-next time you see Ed, tell him that my bicep was still aching the next day. (I couldn't stand the thought of not attempting to beat a boy at arm wrestling, and as I am deceptively strong I had Ed's arm only a centimeter away from the table (and my ultimate triumph), but the strain on my little bicep overwhelmed me; I had visions of the arm wrestling scene in 'THE FLY' where Jeff Goldblum' s insect strength snaps the other dudes arm in half-at this point I panicked......and I was thrashed....boohoo)

Anyway....off to do the other 999 things I neglected to do on Saturday, good job it's bank holiday-also the first bank holiday I haven't had to work on in over a year! It's all good, I may need to go deposit more food combinations into my toilet, and perhaps photograph it for my own displeasure.

Oh, jade, good luck with the packing today, I will give you a buzz later on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home