Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Recovery Position.....

The most effective recovery position after a good night out is: lying in bed propped up by a big pillow, a coffee nearby and a paracetamol at the ready. And if you are very well organized, a muffin or a bar of chocolate (I was not organized so I made do with toast) You know when you've had a good night out because you are in pain the next morning, or at least more aware of the pain once sober. This is a brief summary of last nights events:

  • We watch X factor
  • We leave house dressed imaculately
  • We run through rain to bus
  • We run through rain to pub
  • My hair frizzes, jade's goes flat
  • We have drinks with Ash
  • We run less quickly to next pub
  • Eri doesn't show (boyfriend stuff or something)
  • We have drinks with Ash's boyfriend
Up to this point me and Jade are still looking relatively human.

  • Ash and James go home
  • me and jade are drunk enough to enter The Zodiac
  • we dance like maniacs and Jade attracts a Glyn lookalike
  • I spill my drink over jade
  • The Glyn lookalike buys us drinks
  • I try hiding as I find myself being stalked by a 7foot man
  • He doesn't buy us drinks
  • A particularly excellent Beastie Boys tune comes on
  • People stare at me secretly thinking (is she a tourettes sufferer?)
  • My feet start hurting
  • I get seranaded to by weird Half- Iranian guy (George, no one can beat you singing Rick Astley)
  • Me and Jade take our shoes off to relieve the pain a little
  • Weird Half-Iranian guy buys us chips and curry sauce
  • Weird Half-Iranian guy pays for a taxi
  • Me and jade leave weird Half-Iranian guy to it and run!
  • We run down scary alley in rain with no shoes on
  • We tread on all manner of curious things
  • We get home at last!
  • My ankles are bleeding
  • Jades hair is matted with wine
  • Thankfully we are too drunk to realize how bedraggled we are
  • We drift into a coma



And so we wake up today with aching bodies and these brief recollections. It was a lot of fun though, and that is what matters! Now, I am off to iron myself and shower my clothes....or something like that anyway, big day tomorrow and I'm not sure how I'm getting to work yet, looks like another Taxi experience is on the cards.

P.S. George, I hope you dad is recovering well today....I told you cycling in the rain through choice would bring nothing but trouble! See you in a few days.



Just so that you can fully comprehend how drunk I was, here's a photo-it's the only one that doesn't reveal the true identities of Mr BFG and Mini Glyn, which if exposed shall lose their powers:




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karis

I am so heartened to see that you and Sara (of Sara Sizzle fame) are still existing in your parallel universes you in Oxford her in London but still both having the exact same Saturday Night experiences! How bizzare! whilst writing this had a text from your mom! We must all be cosmically linked!!!!
Love your blog
Sara's Mom xxxx

5:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha i have a picture of the bb glyn lookalike and the bfg (he really was a big friendly giant) and i also have a pic of the half-iranian guy who serenaded you ill send them over!!! Oh yeah when on earth did u have time to take photos of our shoes????

xxx
jade

4:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me again wot email shall i send the photos??

xxx
jade

4:21 pm  
Blogger kaz said...

send them to karisvell@gmail.com, cheers!

6:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home