Monday, August 14, 2006

All things trivial

I wrote on saturday's blog that I would elaborate at a later date concerning the trivial pursuit game I lost on the evening in question.

Things didn't get off to the
best of starts; my version of trivial pursuit is ancient (but only £1.99 from oxfam) and most of the trivia is either out of date (some answers include countries that no longer exist), or so before our time we would be worried if any of us did get many correct.

Anyway.....there were a few unfair dismissals where mine and Ellie's answers were concerned. One of our questions was:

'What sorts of animals were pinocchio's friends, Figaro and Cleo? '

Well this was a toughy...I was pretty sure they were fish but Elli
e was adamant they were cats. So, as a compromise we offered the answer 'catfish' and hoped for the best. The answer was figaro the cat and cleo the fish but were we given the piece of cheese for our struggles? NO WE WERE NOT. But our good humour was revived when to our delight Ben discovered a miss-printed card. It had questions on one side, and yes it had answers on the flipside.....but something wasn't right.





























And so suddenly the game became interesting.
I mean, if the name of the game was
Randomness, I could be in with a real chance of winning!

Our jesting was interupted by Ben who was hyperventilating from laughter and almost choked on his Grolsch but luckily Ellie performed the heimlich Manoeuvre and Ben ceased to laugh like a lady anymore. Just when we thought it was safe to play on, another, yes another miss-printed card was found and more jolliness filled our brains.....
























Some of them work really well and a few kind of ruin it but my favourite has to be the 'Hip Hops House!'

P.S. These really were the cards we found printed in the pack, they have, however, inspired me to attempt to pair up as many silly question + answer sequences as possible. I will update you with progress (and yes I do have a million better things to do but none half as satisfying) Out of curiousity does anyone out there remember playing a game called MISFITS? I loved that game, and I must find one. The charity shops are calling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home