Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The weighting Game

Thanks to the death of my bike and my lack of concern, the tyres are still flat (I'm waiting for George to pump them up....could be a long wait) and so last night I was feeling energetic and racking my brain for interesting ways to exercise that didn't involve going outside. So I created my own 'Dance with mini girly weights'. It is a simple routine which works very well to the HotChip album in particular. Unfortunately I was part way through my routine (which is brilliantly ridiculous), when george opened the door and laughed histerically at me. I was a little upset that he hadn't been blinded by my choreographical genius. No, instead he asked me what I was doing. I answered in the usual way 'I'm grating my face, what does it look like?' And he left me to it.

What makes the routine look a bit rigid and robotic-like, is the restrictions you have due to holding weights and moving simultaneously, it does give you an insight into what life must be like for people that suffer with elephantitis in their arms. Anyway, I think this routine could catch on, it's a bit like Hardcore cheerleading minus the pompoms and the cheeriness of course. It will do for now, I'm hoping Ellie will agree to continue our 'Punk Aerobics'. We wanted to start up classes, I'm pretty sure enough weirdos would show up. The warm-up involves spitting and moshing quite a bit. And exercising in DM's would certainly build up your calf muscles. Anyone interested in 'punk aerobics' let me know, I need to be sure there is a market before I begin teddybear rolling in saftey pin-clad denim.

As for my day today, work was good, I'm learning loads of new stuff which is both useful and a little overwhelming but everyone is really nice and chilled so I'm enjoying it, plus I get to watch Jeremy Kyle at lunch if I get to the remote first! I am in need of chorizo so I'm off to buy some food (please let the shops have the lovely chorizo, oh how did I ever survive before without you?)

And George. KEEP YOUR MITTS OFF MY BLEEDIN' PASTA!

Cheerio folks

PUNK ROCK AEROBICS


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home