Friday, June 01, 2007

All Gayed out!

Gosh I haven't written on here for yonks...primarily due to my apathetic nature and also because I am being a goddam lazy arse, time to pull my finger out (of what I dread to think)

Right, first thing, word of the week (was day but it takes me a week now to fully make use of a good word so it's life is extended to a full 7 days)

Word: Hornswaggle (to bamboozle or hoax; cheat or swindle.) Hornswaggle! Brilliant word, but how do you say it? Do you emphasize the word Horn then Swaggle or is it Horns... Waggle? Either way it's a wonderfully amusing lexeme!

Fact of the week: . "In Chinese if you tell a man they 'dai Lu maozi', meaning 'he wears the green hat', it means that his wife is sleeping with someone else."

Had a good weekend, went to Birmingham Gay Pride with my brother and had a really fun time...it's so nice when everything is free! The highlight for me was the Show in Nightingales-seeing the Sheila's Wheels girls (who pleasantly suprised me as they are brilliant and sang some lou,lou, sister pledge, the supremes and their famed advert song of course) I was subjected to Scooch (not as pleasant an experience), I missed Unkle Jam because I got distracted by H&M but my brother thought they were the best act. The finale was a dream come true-Bjorn Again! They were fantastic, though at ths point Martin was edging his way out of the club because I think his bum was sore from being pinched and he was looking a little pissed off because I was blowing a whistle in his face.

We had a night out in Merrihill which was a bit weird, I've not been down than neck of the woods for a fair while, and Martin got drunk and started swaying a bit whilst I managed to dance my way sober. It's a good thing we were drunk because whatever the club was we were in, the music kind of sucked until the last hour we were there and the dj finally mixed in some decent choons. Martin was disappointed that not one Justin Timberlake or Michael Jackson choon was played and his skills could not be presented to the dancefloor. Ciao mother lickers!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home