Friday, February 02, 2007

I can't afford to relieve the boredom....

Do you ever feel like there is no meaning to life, that your very existence is pointless and things will never improve. Life is a monotony of routine, the very notion of my life becoming intresting has been crushed and swept to the back of my brain then catergorized under 'stupid ideas'

It is friday night and I am staying in, alone and skint and on the verge of going into a depression. Okay so things could be worse, I could have lost a limb or incurred brain damage or something equally as distressing, so when put into perspective my problems are minimal but I still feel like a load of rubbish(at least if in a vegetative state I would be blissfully ignorant of the boredom). I have come to the realization that I can't afford to have a life: 'Having a life' is not included in my ridiculous monthly budget that is so small it's virtually non existent. I was fully aware that living on my own would be expensive but now that it is reality I don't like it, the only way I can entertain myself is to do free stuff which is never exciting. I could begin a life of petty crime, that would be thrilling I suppose, I could go around stealing stationary or cakes. When I'm really bored I make lists so here is one:

Living on my own the pros and cons

pros:

1. I only have to cook for myself
2. I can live in a big pile of mess and not worry
3. I don't have to wait to use the loo or shower
4. If I had a bed I would have it all to myself
5. I have full control of the remote control
6. I can sing in the shower without getting told to shut up
7. I can have a bath with the door open and with the t.v. angled towards me
8. I can talk on the phone without any background noise
9. I can cook and hoover in just my pants without anyone raising an eyebrow(a bit chilly for that at the mo though) I have now made this into an exercise regime instead of going to the gym to save money.
10. I get to do all the food shopping thus buying things I like and not compromising at all


cons:

1. I have to do all the cooking and don't have anyone to cook for me
2. I have to do all the cleaning
3. there is a distinct lack of conversation(unless talking to yourself counts)
4. I have to have background noise (radio, tv, music) or I go insane
5. I have nobody to show my pitta bread sculptures to
6. I have to rely on my alarm clock to wake me up
7. When I watch something funny there is nobody to laugh with (god that sounds really depressing-I may go hang myself, if I can manage to without assistance)
8. Rent is extortionate and leaves me skint
9. There is no sharing of bills
10. There is nobody to check I haven't left my straighteners on(this could lead to burning down of flat)
11. I almost break my arms carrying food shopping home

Well that little exercise has made me feel more crap. Nevermind.

I'm off to watch some jean claude van dame film that has just begun.....is it true that he is a nymphomaniac in real life? I think he could pass as a primordial dwarf, he is only about 4 foot or something...he would still kick your ass though nevertheless......anyway, byeeeeee!






3 Comments:

Blogger sarasizzle said...

Spaz, put your Diddy Man outfit on and dance around in front of the mirror, that'll cheer you up. Or come and live with us... that'd be ace!

You need to do the following.

1. stop worrying about money and do some fun stuff to make some extra. Your painings would sell for hundreds ANYWHERE - set up a website and sell them. Or busk. You love to busk.
2. Get a payrise at work. I can't imagine for one secong you aren't more than deserving of one.
3. please come and visit me soon.

I'm going to call you tomorrow so watch out...

Love ya

Sara and Quichex

2:34 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

I totally agree. Thanks for depressing me as well! Although, I would add the pro that flatmates are usually arseholes anyway.

The one thing i don't get though, is how cooking and hoovering in your pants is an exercise regime?

2:41 pm  
Blogger kaz said...

you haven't seen the way I cook or hoover before have you? It could be a circus act, I do both simultaneously.

10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home