Monday, August 07, 2006

Leaving on a Jade Plane

Well done jade! The simple fact that you managed to get to Luton in the first place is impressive enough for me, hey who cares if you get the job, you used public transport, you reached your destination, you are triumphant. More seriously though, I'm glad it went well and my fingers are crossed (you will be doing a lot of that once your cabin crew) And I will be very jealous of your makeup allowance.. I don't get a stationary allowance, it's not fair. By the way, I found the cd with last years live8 photos on so click on the fotos link, I uploaded a few.

I really must start getting some early nights. I have developed one of those horrid side headaches, the ones that are not actually in your head, they creep behind your eye and throb until you can't function and end up relieving the pressure by hanging yourself or giving your left knee an almighty thwack with a hairdryer just to distract you from the side, head, eye ache thing.

But before I attempt to sleep (my body has been reluctant to do so recently due to much caffeine) I am going to finish this post before hugging my 'reduced to 55p manorhouse fruit cake' You can always rely on Tescos to cut the price of a delicious granny treat. I know, only your nan eats fruitcake, well I am standing up and confessing that I too love fruitcake. Though the manor house fruitcake is adequately scrumptious, nobody can beat the warm moist consistency of my nan's interpretation. Oooo I can just smell it now......

Nope, it didn't work. Damn it. I really wish that if you closed your eyes and thought as hard as you could about a desirable food it would appear. But unfortunately my brain power is too feeble to master such trickery!

Today I bought some blueberries. Normally I stare curiously at blueberries, consider them long and hard then reject them. But since discovering my enthusaism for blueberry tea (Apple + cinnamon also quite divine) I though hey, why not give em a whirl. So I have blueberries. They are in the fridge looking a bit lonely. I don't think they get on with dairy products. I also have four blueberry muffins and a box of Blueberry tea, am I becoming overzealous now, just a tad perhaps? But I think blueberries are good for you, and what's the worst that could happen. Okay so I could develop a blue tinge to the skin and inflate to the size of a hot air balloon, sounds like a riot, I'm willing to take the risk.

Before I go have a shower and trip over my crap that occupies the majority of the bedroom floor, (cleaning has moved way down in my list of priorities) I will first express my disappointment in George. I would have expressed it earlier but I only remembered today. As part of his birthday present back in March, I was kind enough to buy him 'If Chins Could Kill' by Bruce Campbell. For a long time George had tried hard to convince me of Bruce's true genius. I even sat through 'The Man With the Screaming Brain for ganesh's sake! And so, this book was a gesture, proof that I had accepted Bruce Campbell as George's idol and mentor. BUT HAS HE SODDING WELL BOTHERED TO READ IT? no he hasn't. And further more I'm feeling the urge to read it myself thus revealing my true colours as a fan. Resist the temptation Karis, it's not worth the torment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home