Wednesday, August 09, 2006

And from her mind doth spring Gobbledygook!

I can't decide if this is finished or not, it needs some more, ummm, something. What do think? I may fiddle with it later and update the pic!

I finish for good at Alice's on Sunday, the day will be bitter sweet. Bitter to be leaving such a lovely quirky job but sweet having a spanking new job to start! I had an interesting discussion with Eri today on the subject of phonetics, okay so we were comparing animal sounds in English and Japanese. The conversation would have become really confusing if her boyfriend had been present (he is Korean and speaks excellent english, Eri speaks a little Korean, a smaller amount of chinese, and pretty good English. Eri and her boyfriend can have entire conversations and not fully grasp what the other is saying, it is strange that English is their common language) Oh yeh, and then there is me, I struggle even to speak english lately, I find myself making words up constantly. I can say 'cute' in many languages now though (when thirty school girls exclaim 'cute' in unison you catch on quick.)

Most popular word
=Cute:

'Kawaii' (japanese), or 'ker ai' (mandarin)

We were shocked to discover that some animal sounds were totally different yet surely a japanese pig makes the same sound as a british one? I taught her how to pronounce Purr-this one totally flumuxed her as 'r's' are not used commonly. It is also how I came to be known as 'kadis' . I quite like it, like a kadis fly. Thanks to me Eri will be taking home phrases such as 'Toodlepip', 'YamYam', 'Country Bumpkin' and 'pop' as in fizzy drink, she loves that one, These are all delightful words she was not made aware of when learning English. And I have convinced her to pronounce words with a northern accent!. We have decided that Eri's accent over in Japan is the equivalent of a Bristol accent here in the uk.

George will be leaving me on my loansome mid next week, he is taking his holiday next week and spending the entirety of it elsewhere. He is going down south to do the Southdown Way (some cycling thing, not that sure) But I shall have a visitor in the form of Jade, when do you plan on coming down by the way?

Have a look at this:
http://image.nartbox.com/ecard/swf/040121_dung.swf
Are you as confused, amused and distubed as I am?

Very rough translation:

I don't like byunbi [constipation]
I like kwaebyun [opposite of constipation]

When the sun shines, I run to the bathroom
The things I ate yesterday leave my body
Did you eat a chamwai [Korean pear]? Check! Matdongsan! [Korean snack]
Did you eat a watermelon? Check! Chocolate-chip cookie!
Did you have some milk? Check! Joripong! [Korean snack]

I don't like byunbi [constipation]
I like kwaebyun [opposite of constipation]

Good good, today I want to make
Pretty-shaped poo
Put some force into it! Check! Peanut!
Shake your hips! Check! Koolkwabaegi! [Korean snack]
Go round and round! Check! Onion ring!

Today too, be strong and push it out and excrete!

[End credit:] Until the day when everybody can start the morning with a kwaebyun [opposite of constipation] ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home